Magento Developer wanted
We’re on the lookout for an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic Magento developer to join our growing digital team here in the loft at St Mary’s Chambers, Rawtenstall. If you’ve got a passion for website development and experience working with Magento, we want to hear from you!
Working within our digital team, and with the support of our Digital Director, Lead Developer and development team, you will work on an exciting range of high-turnover e-commerce projects using the latest technologies and bring designs to life.
As well as writing clean and well-structured code to a high standard and Magento best practice, other daily responsibilities will involve participating in scrum meetings, liaising with the lead designer, and taking ownership of projects.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Magento developer looking to take the next step up the career ladder and join a growing, modern, and innovative full-service agency.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 12 months + experience with WordPress / Magento
- Knowledge/Awareness of Magento 2
- Knowledge of PHP for theming
- Responsive / mobile-first development experience (Bootstrap 3/4)
- OO Programming and MVC frameworks
- Strong relational database knowledge (MySQL)
- Experience of Git source control and tools (Bitbucket, Github)
- Fine eye for detail
- Ability to work within a team of creative, technical, and production staff
- Passion for web development & keen to progress
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Magento 2 experience
- Knowledge of automation tools & package managers (Gulp, Grunt, NPM, Bower)
- Experience of writing unit tests
- API integration / infrastructure
- Aware of latest tracking pixel and tag management solutions (Google Analytics, Facebook, Google Tag Manager)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of UX design
- Excellent communication skills
Why choose JGM Agency?
- Develop your career within a highly ambitious, growing, full-service agency
- Start your weekend early with 4pm Friday finish
- Inclusive WPA healthcare scheme (dental, optical, physiotherapy, and more!)
- Regular social events – Crystal Maze, All Star Bowling, Go Karting, to name a few!
- Free parking on site
- Competitive salary
- A great working environment
- Dedicated Spotify office playlist so you can code along to your favourite tunes – headphones optional!
Interested? If you’re looking for a fresh challenge or ready for a step up in your career, send your CV to our Technical Director: peter [at] jgmagency.co.uk
Strictly NO AGENCIES.