Mid Level Developer Wanted!
We’re on the lookout for an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic web developer to join our growing digital team here in the loft at St Mary’s Chambers, Rawtenstall. If you’ve got 2 or more years experience, we want to hear from you!
Working within our digital team, and with the support of our Head of Digital, Senior Developer and Apprentice Developer, you will work on an exciting range of client projects using the latest technologies and bring designs to life.
As well as writing clean and well-structured code to a high standard, other daily responsibilities will involve participating in scrum meetings, liaising with the lead designer, and taking ownership of projects.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced web developer looking to take the next step up the career ladder and join a growing, modern, and innovative full-service agency.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 2 years + experience as a PHP web developer
- Responsive / mobile-first development experience (Bootstrap 3/4)
- OO Programming and MVC frameworks
- Strong relational database knowledge (MySQL)
- Experience of Git source control and tools (Bitbucket, Github)
- Fine eye for detail
- Ability to work within a team of creative, technical, and production staff
- Passion for web development & keen to progress
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with WordPress / Magento
- Knowledge of automation tools & package managers (Gulp, Grunt, NPM, Bower)
- Experience of writing unit tests
- API integration / infrastructure
- Aware of latest tracking pixel and tag management solutions (Google Analytics, Facebook, Google Tag Manager)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of UX design
- Excellent communication skills
Why choose JGM Agency?
- Develop your career within a highly ambitious, growing, full service agency
- Start your weekend early with 4pm Friday finish
- Inclusive WPA healthcare scheme ( dental, optical, physiotherapy, and more! )
- Regular social events – Crystal Maze, All Star Bowling, Go Karting, to name a few!
- Free parking on site
- Competitive salary
- A great working environment in the heart of Rawtenstall – countryside, steams trains, real ale, pies and peas for £2!
- Dedicated Spotify office playlist so you can code along to your favourite tunes – headphones optional!
Interested? If you’re looking for a fresh challenge or ready for a step up in your career, send your CV to our Head of Digital: peter [at] jgmagency.co.uk