We’re on the lookout for an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic developer to join our digital team here in Rawtenstall. If you’ve got a passion for code and experience working with open source technologies, we want to hear from you!
Based in our brand-new digital hub you’ll be pairing content management systems with the very latest techniques. Whether that’s WordPress with a Vue.js front-end, or specialist platforms like TerminalFour with Algolia search and Vue.js pattern libraries.
You’ll be joining a lively and social team with highly experienced developers and fantastic designers to create websites and ecommerce applications for great brands like Thomas Cook, Pets at Home, Stoves, TUI and more.
- Experience of version control and tools (Git, Bitbucket/Github)
- An understanding of build tools and package managers (Composer, NPM, Webpack, Laravel mix)
- OO programming and PHP frameworks (Laravel)
- Clean and well-structured code, following standards and best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with extended teams – creative directors, artworkers, marketing, etc.
- Eager to develop your experience, skills and career with our agency
Preferable skills include:
- Knowledge of task runners such as Gulp or Grunt
- An understanding of API integration, performance and scalability
- Blade or similar template engine experience
- Automated deployment tools (Envoyer, Codeship)
- Knowledge of Atomic design principles
- Ability to work within a busy team and contribute ideas when necessary
- Knowledge of common PHP platforms (WordPress, Drupal, Magento)